We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. To find out more or to learn how to change your computer settings on our cookies page.
The Fire Brigades Union’s 47th period of strike action ended last night. The four day strike began at 1800 on 31 October and finished at 1800 on Tuesday 4 November.
During this period Emergency Fire Contingency Crews operated in London.
An overview of the incidents attended by Contingency Crews between 1800 on Friday, 31 October to 1000 on Monday 3 November is now available.
From 1000 Monday 3 to 1800 Tuesday 4 November, Contingency Crews responded to a range of incidents including:
• A bus fire in Wallington yesterday afternoon
• A flat fire yesterday morning in Highgate, where a man was rescued.
• A kitchen fire in house on Upper Holloway, on 4 November.
• A fire at a flat above a shop in South Norwood on 3 November.
• A road traffic accident on Tuesday morning, which closed the Blackwall Tunnel, and crews released a person who was trapped in a vehicle.