The risks around vaping tend to come from counterfeit or faulty products, and poor charging practises, so take a look at our advice below.
- Never let your battery come into contact with metal items such as coins or keys in a pocket or bag, as this can cause a short circuit and explosion.
- Store removable and spare batteries in a plastic case to prevent accidental contact. Store them out of reach of children.
- Don’t mix a battery from one supplier or product with a charger from another.
- Regularly inspect your vape batteries. If your battery is damaged in any way, leaking or not functioning properly, stop using it and replace it.
- Dispose of batteries carefully – your local authority should be able to advise on safe disposal