London Fire Commissioner (“LFC”) owns the intellectual property relating to the London Fire Brigade’s (“LFB”) trademarks which includes a range of names and logos relating to LFC and LFB which are registered trademarks as well as copyright in the organisation’s general designs, artwork and guidelines (“Trademarks”).
LFC has strict rules on the use and distribution of its Trademarks which cannot be used to endorse external companies, products or services.
The use of the Trademarks is restricted to each request and should not be used for any other purpose without the LFC’s Creative Services team’s prior written approval.
If you want to use any of LFC’s Trademarks, please complete this form. You should receive a response within five working days of submitting your request.
Read our privacy statement
London Fire Commissioner (“LFC”) owns the intellectual property relating to the London Fire Brigade’s (“LFB”) trademarks which includes a range of names and logos relating to LFC and LFB which are registered trademarks as well as copyright in the organisation’s general designs, artwork and guidelines (“Trademarks ”).
In the event that LFC grants the Applicant permission to use the Trademarks, the Applicant hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions;
- The Applicant will not use the Trademarks in any way or for any purpose other than for the purpose as set out in the online application made by the Applicant (“the Purpose”).
- The Applicant will not use the Trademarks in any way which may bring LFB or LFC into disrepute or damage its reputation and if in LFC’s opinion the Applicant has acted in such a manner, then LFC can immediately revoke any permission previously granted to use the Trademarks, thereby preventing the Applicant from using the Trademarks any further. Should LFC revoke permission to use the Trademarks, this will be communicated in writing to the Applicant.
- LFC may, in writing and on 30 days’ notice, require the Applicant to stop using the Trademarks for any reason whatsoever. Should the Applicant receive such notice from LFC, the Applicant will remove all references to the Trademarks and give all reasonable evidence to LFC that this action has taken place.
- Any change in the Purpose must be requested by the Applicant and authorised in advance and in writing by LFC’s Creative Services Team. If, in the opinion of LFC, the change in the Purpose may damage the reputation of LFC or bring LFC into disrepute, permission to use the Trademarks may be revoked.
- The Applicant will not make any representation or do any act which may be taken to indicate that it has any right, title or interest in or to the ownership or use of the Trademarks and acknowledges that the rights granted to use the Trademarks for the Purpose do not confer on the Applicant any rights or interest in the Trademarks.
- The Applicant acknowledges that LFC is the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Trademarks and any copyright in it and of the goodwill relating to it, and that the benefit of the use of the Trademarks by the Applicant will belong to LFC. The Applicant will not make or attempt to make any trademark application in relation to the Trademarks. LFC gives no warranty that there are no conflicting third party rights in the Trademarks and the Applicant will indemnify LFC for any loss which it suffers as a result of the Applicant’s use of the Trademarks and, if required by LFC, insure himself against this liability.
- The Applicant agrees that if it becomes aware of any infringement of LFC’s Intellectual Property Rights in the Trademarks or any claim is made that its use of the Trademarks infringes anyone else’s rights, the Applicant will inform LFC in writing as soon as possible and do nothing further, other than to render to LFC whatever assistance it reasonably requires in any action which it may take against the infringer.
- Where the Applicant wishes to engage a third party to manufacture the products for which use of the Trademarks has been granted, (the "Licensed Products"), the Applicant must first obtain written consent from LFC for the use of the Trademarks by that third party.
- Where LFC has given written consent to the use of the Trademarks by a third party engaged by the Applicant to manufacture the Licensed Products, the Applicant shall ensure that the terms of the contract with the third party subcontractor are in writing, and that they are substantially the same as the terms upon which the Applicant was granted permission to use the Trademarks by LFC.
- The Applicant shall be liable for all acts and omissions of the subcontractor and shall indemnify LFC against all costs, expenses, claims, loss or damage incurred or suffered by LFC, or for which LFC may become liable (whether direct, indirect or consequential and including any economic loss or other loss of reputation or goodwill) arising out of any act or omission of any subcontractor, including any product liability claim relating to Licenced Products manufactured by the subcontractor.