Motorcyclists make up 24% of fatalities (31) on London roads in 2017, and there were 1068 seriously injured.
Training for motorcyclists
There are various courses available for bikers looking to improve their skills:
- Biker Down! A free nationwide scheme devised to provide the tools to help bikers if they're involved in a crash
- BikeSafe: Real advice from real riders - professional police motorcyclists who love their bikes and biking as much as you do.
- DVSA enhanced rider scheme: Checks your motorcycle riding skills and provides training to help you improve.
- Advanced rider courses: Training designed to make you one of the most skilled riders on the road with this on-road course delivered by qualified experts.
- Advanced Motorcycle Training: RoSPA's advanced motorcycle training instructs riders in the theory and practice of safe systems of deliberate and responsible riding.