How to report a risk.

in a building you visit, work or live in, we want to know about it.

Always call 999 in an emergency.

Common examples

  • Locked or blocked fire exits in commercial or residential properties
  • Unsafe storage of chemicals or flammable materials
  • Beds in areas with inadequate escape routes, for example in a takeaway basement with only one exit via the kitchen

What we don't investigate

  • Bonfires in gardens - these are the responsibility of the Environmental Health department of your local council

  • 'Beds in sheds' - you can report these to your local council

  • If you're not sure about the risk, play it safe and make a report to us. If a different organisation needs to look into it we'll let you know.


Person using the Home Fire Safety Checker on their smartphone.

Are you worried about a your or a loved ones home? Try our Home Fire Safety Checker first.

It only takes a few minutes to check your home and get tailored advice for you or a loved one.

Home Fire Safety Checker (HFSC)

Still need to report a problem?

Speak to your property manager or person responsible for the fire safety of your premises first. If they won't take action immediately, or you don't feel comfortable raising this concern with them, contact us:

Contact us

If possible call us on 020 8555 1200 ext 89170 - this will get the quickest response