Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a house on Courtland Avenue in Ilford.
Part of the first floor of a mid-terraced house was damaged by fire. There were no reported injuries.
The Brigade was called at 1819 and the fire was under control by 1850. Fire crews from Ilford, Stratford, East Ham, Dagenham, Leytonstone, and Walthamstow fire stations attended the scene.