Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a flat on Dairy Close in Parsons Green.
Most of a fourth floor flat was damaged by fire. The blaze also affected a small section of the fourth floor communal hallway.
Around 75 people left the building before the arrival of the Brigade.
The Brigade was called at 1811 and the fire was under control at 1956. Fire crews from Fulham, Chelsea, Wandsworth, and Hammersmith fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.