Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a shop with flats above on Kensington Church Street in Kensington.
Part of an electric intake cupboard on the ground floor was damaged by the fire. Crews led one person to safety and a further four people left the building before the Brigade arrived.
The Brigade was called at 1952 and the fire was under control by 2103. Fire crews from Kensington, Hammersmith and North Kensington fire stations attended the scene.