Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters dealt with a shop fire on Kenton Road in Harrow.
Eight people self evacuated from the flats above before the Brigade arrived.
Part of the ground floor was damaged by the blaze. A number of white goods stored in the courtyard were also damaged by fire.
The Brigade was called at 1839 and the fire was under control by 1934. Fire crews from Stanmore, Wembley and Harrow fire stations were at the scene. The cause of the fire is under investigation.