Ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters were called to a fire at a disused car parts warehouse on New Road in Rainham.
The single-storey warehouse and the roof of the building were destroyed by fire.
The Brigade was called at 1538 and the fire was under control at 1723. Fire crews from Wennington, Dagenham, Hornchurch, Barking and other surrounding fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Brigade and the Metropolitan Police Service.