Three fire engines and around 15 firefighters were called to a fire at a restaurant with flats above on Colyers Lane in Erith.
A fridge and two fence panels which were in the rear garden of the property were destroyed by the fire.
Five people left the building before the Brigade arrived via a builder's ladder from a first floor window. Three people were treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service crews but were not taken to hospital.
The Brigade was called at 1549 and the fire was under control by 1648. Fire crews from Sidcup and Orpington fire stations attended the scene.