Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called to a fire at a derelict house on Clarkson Road in Canning Town this afternoon
The fire damaged a large part of the roof and a small part of the first floor of the mid-terraced property. Crews worked quickly to get the blaze under control and during the early stages of the incident smoke was visible across the local area.
Fire crews from Plaistow, Poplar, East Ham, Millwall, Plumstead and East Greenwich fire stations are attending the blaze.
The Brigade was called at 1529 and the fire was under control by 1613. The cause of the fire is under investigation.