Our support groups provide professional and personal support to colleagues. Support groups include women, black and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transexual (LGBT) colleagues.
The groups provide professional networks for workplaces dispersed through out London and provide personal support for colleagues in times of need. Their contribution to our work is of enormous value, and we thank them.
- Help support groups to maintain membership details, manage budgets, support events and meetings, and to co-ordinate contributions to policy reviews and communications materials Safer Together: Inclusion Strategy 2016–26.
- Fund support groups to participate in events such as the annual Pride march, and training and development opportunities.
- Strengthen support groups and professional networks by providing groups with marketing and events materials, and online communications platforms.
- Give staff time to dedicate to the work of support groups for mentoring colleagues or attending recruitment fairs, for example.
- Make sure that support groups are heard by decision-makers by committing to at least two meetings per year with strategic managers
- Make an agreement with each support group which sets out what they hope to achieve by working in partnership with us.