Biker Down! is a free nationwide scheme that was devised to provide the tools to help bikers if they're involved in a crash.
The scheme is in partnership with London Ambulance Service, Transport for London and the Metropolitan Police.
What you will learn
The course lasts roughly four hours and is split into three modules:
- How to manage the scene if you come across a collision.
- How to help an injured rider by providing early intervention at the roadside.
- Motorcycle-specific first aid - how to remove a helmet and practical tips on safer riding.
Where and when
The Biker Down! London course takes place at West Norwood fire station, Knight's Hill, SE27 0QA.
When you've completed the course you'll receive:
- A certificate of attendance.
- A first-aid kit designed to be carried under the seat of their bike.
- You will also qualify for a discount to attend the BikeSafe-London Rider Skills Day delivered by The Metropolitan Police Service's Motorcycle Safety Team.
If you have any questions about the course, please email email@example.com